Service and Warranty
Samsonite guarantees all its products against any manufacturing defects, covering materials and workmanship, for the length of time stated in the warranty. The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to other rights, conditions, guarantees and remedies available to you by law in relation to the supply of goods or services under consumer law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure (as determined by a Samsonite Authorised Service Centre) and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please keep your receipt as proof of purchase as this will authenticate this product warranty.
Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure that the travel products you trust meet stringent standards. Consequently, if a problem occurs with this Samsonite product (the “Product”) and the problem is caused by manufacturing defects in material and workmanship, Samsonite will, in its discretion, either fix or replace the Product in accordance with the warranty terms and conditions stated herein. To facilitate this you should first find and deliver the product to an Authorised Service Centre. Click here to find your nearest Authorised Service Centre.
Please note that you are responsible for all costs of getting the Product to any such Authorised Service Centre including, but not limited to, the cost of packaging, shipping and applicable taxes.
WE DELIVER THE QUALITY. YOU CONDUCT THE TEST.
Every journey. Every day. You might not have given it any thought, but each Samsonite product undergoes the most stringent controls and tests before it goes on the market. Of course, the ultimate test is conducted by you, the customer.
AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRES
AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRES
FIND A SAMSONITE AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRE
Samsonite has Authorised Service Centres throughout Australia and worldwide, ensuring you’re covered wherever your travels take you.GLOBAL SERVICE CENTRES
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The warranty provided for herein applies only to the first purchaser or gift recipient of the Product.
- The duration of the warranty is stated on the warranty card inside the Product and/or in the list of Product features on our website.
- This warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover any damage caused by misuse (such as transportation of unusual items), neglect, accidents, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, water, normal wear and tear or transport damage (by airlines for example).
- Samsonite requires that you use only an approved Samsonite Authorised Service Centre (“Service Centre”) for warranty repairs.
- This warranty is global and you may have your Product repaired at any Authorised Service Centre in the world. To locate an Authorised Service Centre anywhere in the world, click here.
- Repairs performed by anyone other than an Authorised Repair Agent will void this warranty.
- You are responsible for all costs of getting the Product to any such Authorised Service Centre including, but not limited to, the cost of packaging, shipping and applicable taxes.
- For warranty service at an Authorised Service Centre, you will need the duly completed warranty certificate or original receipt of purchase.
- The Authorised Service Centre will determine whether or not the problem is covered by Samsonite’s warranty. If the warranty applies, you will be notified as to whether the Product will be repaired or replaced. Any such repair or replacement will be at Samsonite’s expense, including any costs required to return the repaired or replacement product to you.
- If the Product is to be replaced and the Product is no longer available, Samsonite will substitute a comparable Samsonite product.
- The warranty provided herein is limited to the value of the Product.
- Manufacturing specifications are subject to change without notice.
- If the product is not under warranty as determined by the Authorised Repair Agent, any repairs agreed to or freight costs associated will be at the cost of the owner.
- Product locks are intended only to prevent accidental opening and cannot necessarily prevent theft of the Product or its contents, breakage or entry by airline or airport personnel or governmental authorities.
- Inspect your Product immediately after handling by anyone other than you. If damaged in transit, submit a claim to the transit company (which is insured against damaging your product) at the place of arrival, if possible, before clearing customs.
- Do not send your Product directly to Samsonite, as this will likely delay the repair.
WHAT IS NOT UNDER WARRANTY?
- Damages to the product that are the result of misuse or the actions of others.
- Incidental and consequential damages are expressly disclaimed.
- Labour charges and damages attributable to work performed by anyone other than an Authorised Repair Agent at an Authorised Service Centre are not covered by this warranty.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranties are hereby excluded.
This warranty is intended to give you specific legal rights. In addition to the rights described herein, you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or country to country with respect to the exclusion or application of implied warranties, incidental and consequential damages and repair and replacement. Consequently, the limitations or exclusions specifically contained in this warranty may not be applicable to you.