Samsonite guarantees all its products against any manufacturing defects, covering materials and workmanship, for the length of time stated in the warranty. The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to other rights, conditions, guarantees and remedies available to you by law in relation to the supply of goods or services under consumer law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure (as determined by a Samsonite Authorised Service Centre) and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please keep your receipt as proof of purchase as this will authenticate this product warranty.
Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure that the travel products you trust meet stringent standards. Consequently, if a problem occurs with this Samsonite product (the “Product”) and the problem is caused by manufacturing defects in material and workmanship, Samsonite will, in its discretion, either fix or replace the Product in accordance with the warranty terms and conditions stated herein. To facilitate this you should first find and deliver the product to an Authorised Service Centre. Click here to find your nearest Authorised Service Centre.
Please note that you are responsible for all costs of getting the Product to any such Authorised Service Centre including, but not limited to, the cost of packaging, shipping and applicable taxes.
WE DELIVER THE QUALITY. YOU CONDUCT THE TEST.
Every journey. Every day. You might not have given it any thought, but each Samsonite product undergoes the most stringent controls and tests before it goes on the market. Of course, the ultimate test is conducted by you, the customer.
Watch the video
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The warranty provided for herein applies only to the first purchaser or gift recipient of the Product.
- The duration of the warranty is stated on the warranty card inside the Product and/or in the list of Product features on our website.
- This warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover any damage caused by misuse (such as transportation of unusual items), neglect, accidents, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, water, normal wear and tear or transport damage (by airlines for example).
- Samsonite requires that you use only an approved Samsonite Authorised Service Centre (“Service Centre”) for warranty repairs.
- This warranty is global and you may have your Product repaired at any Authorised Service Centre in the world. To locate an Authorised Service Centre anywhere in the world, click here.
- Repairs performed by anyone other than at an Authorised Service Centre will void this warranty.
- You are responsible for all costs of getting the Product to any such Authorised Service Centre including, but not limited to, the cost of packaging, shipping and applicable taxes.
- For warranty service at an Authorised Service Centre, you will need the duly completed warranty certificate or original receipt of purchase.
- The Authorised Service Centre will determine whether or not the problem is covered by Samsonite’s warranty. If the warranty applies, you will be notified as to whether the Product will be repaired or replaced. Any such repair or replacement will be at Samsonite’s expense, including any costs required to return the repaired or replacement product to you.
- If the Product is to be replaced and the Product is no longer available, Samsonite will substitute a comparable Samsonite product.
- The warranty provided herein is limited to the value of the Product.
- Manufacturing specifications are subject to change without notice.
- If the product is not under warranty as determined by the Authorised Service Centre, any repairs agreed to or freight costs associated will be at the cost of the owner.
- Product locks are intended only to prevent accidental opening and cannot necessarily prevent theft of the Product or its contents, breakage or entry by airline or airport personnel or governmental authorities.
- Inspect your Product immediately after handling by anyone other than you. If damaged in transit, submit a claim to the transit company (which is insured against damaging your product) at the place of arrival, if possible, before clearing customs.
- Do not send your Product directly to Samsonite, as this will likely delay the repair.
WHAT IS NOT UNDER WARRANTY?
- Damages to the product that are the result of misuse or the actions of others.
- Incidental and consequential damages are expressly disclaimed.
- Labour charges and damages attributable to work performed by anyone other than at an Authorised Service Centre are not covered by this warranty.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranties are hereby excluded.
This warranty is intended to give you specific legal rights. In addition to the rights described herein, you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or country to country with respect to the exclusion or application of implied warranties, incidental and consequential damages and repair and replacement. Consequently, the limitations or exclusions specifically contained in this warranty may not be applicable to you.
SAMSONITE WECARE SERVICE
We want to keep the world travelling, while working within our planet’s limits. We will do this by focusing on the whole journey – from how our products are made to how they last. The new Proxis suitcase has been made to resist years of travel and adventures, and to accompany you wherever you want to go. It now also includes a new and unique service plan that accompanies you during the warranty period of your product.
For Proxis purchases through www.samsonite.com.au you’re automatically registered for WeCare. For all other Proxis purchases, all you have to do is register your purchase online and you will enjoy our special Samsonite WeCare benefits. You can visit www.samsonite.eu/wecare for more details.
During the exclusive launch of Proxis, you will be invited to personalise your suitcase with an embossed leather tag by following the instructions stated on the website.
During the 10-year warranty period, your product will get priority in our Customer Care Centres and will come with extra service provisions:
- No-questions-asked in the event that you need your product repaired – this does not cover cosmetic damage or damage caused by misuse as explained below (*)
- We will give your product a thorough overhaul when you book it in for repair or service, cleaning it up and replacing wheels if necessary, to ensure your Proxis suitcase is as functional as the day you purchased it.
- If your case is unrepairable (*), we will replace it with product which is the maximum or below retail price of Proxis and recycle your unrepairable item. In this way, we make sure that your damaged item’s end of life footprint is reduced to the minimum. The few components that today may not yet qualify for recycling or repurposing will be correctly disposed of whilst we continue to seek sustainable end of life solutions for those parts as well.
After 5 years of use, as part of our sustainability commitment – we will be happy to also repurpose and/or recycle your used suitcase should you decide that it has completed its life of service for you:
- You will need to organise the collection of your product at your expense and send to our Customer Care Centre. As a Thank You for your loyalty we will send you, upon receipt of your product, a voucher for an additional 10% discount that can be used in addition to existing offers on products, for your next purchase. This voucher is valid for up to 6 months in Samsonite online www.samsonite.com.au and other selected participating retailers.
- This repurpose/recycle service is valid for an additional 10 years beyond the already existing 10-year warranty period, so between 5 and 20 years after you purchased your Proxis you will still benefit from this extra service.
(*) Our service plan does not cover damage caused by misuse, transport damage, accidents, improper handling, normal wear and tear, cosmetic damage like scratches, dents, stains, colour changes or other non-functional changes in the appearance of the product.
Electronic devices or parts including USB port is limited to 1-year global warranty. Electric and electronic components and connections, cables, adaptors and batteries benefit only of the legal or statutory warranty which may vary from state to state or country to country.